Athens. Our day starts after we pick you up from your hotel or from a point near the hotel if access by car is not possible and we will follow the national road to Chalkida.
Chalkida is located on the distant narrow island of Evia and is well aware of the “Crazy Waters”, a unique phenomenon where the direction of the sea changes every six hours and in the middle remains constant for ten minutes.
After our short stop in Chalkida we follow a route through the villages and before the village of Steni our adventure begins after a unique road trip through the Kastania forest. The forested ridges, hills, chestnut and black pine forests that seem to have been there forever, provide great photo opportunities until we reach the Byzantine chapel of Panagia Amboudiotissa, next to a fir tree.
A short visit to the chapel and the natural water springs provides an ideal setting for relaxation. Continuing our day trip to the foothills of the Dirfys Mountains, we reach the village of Kambia and the chapel of Agios Kyriakos under fir trees and water springs. Continuing our day trip crossing traditional villages on the slopes of Dirphi, we reach the appetite as we arrive at the village of Steni. There we will visit a traditional Greek taverna where we will be welcomed by the owner. He will introduce us to Greek Mediterranean cuisine and hearty Greek hospitality with plenty of local food and wine.
After our lunch, we will follow the road through the villages to reach Chalkida and from there we will follow the national road to Athens full of memories, with the best panoramic views of Evia and Mount Dirfys, amazing photo opportunities to capture every moment and the high quality service of our escorts. A uniquely special escape from the capital, an exciting adventure to embrace the renowned Greek hospitality, enjoy the sights and professional yet relaxed service!
- Visit Chalkida, Evia and Mount Dirfys
- Enjoy the chestnut and black fir trees
- Explore traditional villages and chapels
- Follow incredible off-road routes through dense vegetation
- Try coffee, tea or juice
- Lunch with traditional Greek food and wine.
- Adventure tips
- The trip is ideal for anyone looking for an experience beyond the ordinary, youth groups,single participants or couples, families with older children and businesses for team bonding.
- The trip has stops every 30-40 minutes for everyone’s convenience.
- In order for us to be able to arrange lunch or dinner with an alternative vegetarian menu, please let us know after booking. This also applies to any food allergies, so that possible alternatives can be found.
Technical features: The price of the activity is for the 4×4 seating 6 people and is for 2 to 12 people
- Pick up and delivery to the hotel
- Premium off-road vehicles (7 or 9 seats) driven by experienced drivers
- Lunch with traditional Greek food and wine
- Local food and wine with delicious local cuisine with a delicious local wine and wine
- Coffee, tea or juice
- Coffee or beer for refreshments in the tavern
- Telephone communication before the activity
- Don’t forget your comfortable shoes, for example, hiking shoes or sandals, camera, sun protection, etc. During spring and autumn we advise you to bring a jacket.
- The trip is not recommended for people who suffer from car sickness, have mobility or back problems or pregnant or for children under 7 years old, as we do not offer child seats or people taller than 1.95cm or weighing more than 130kg .
- The company reserves the right to make minor changes to the programme when deemed necessary. For example in case of adverse weather conditions. This can be done without prior notice
- Bookings must be made no later than 24 hours prior to departure. Any cancellation must be made in accordance with the cancellation policy. In case of late cancellations, no refunds will be given.
- If a tour is cancelled due to insufficient participants or inclement weather, Uncharted Escapes will refund 100% of payments made.