It has vertical and narrow walls carved by the elements, impressive pedestals, unexplored caves and running waters almost all year round! It is ideal for those who want to experience canyoning, even for the first time, and includes technical descents (rappel), jumps and slides!
What is canyoning or canyoning? It is crossing a canyon by following the canyon bed, which often requires rock-climbing with ropes and technical means, swimming in the canyon river, jumping in the water and slides. All of this in one word is called Canyoning (which is the prevailing term internationally) or in Greek, Technical Canyon Crossing.
Technical Information about the Canyon
- Number of Rappel descents: 14
- Maximum number of rappels: 20 meters
- Length: 800m
- MAXIMUM NUMBER OF ASCENTS: 800 M
- The hike to reach the entrance* of the canyon will take about 5 minutes and 15 minutes to the exit. The total duration of the activity will be 6 hours.
- Difficulty level: 2/5
*At the entrance there will be a 20-minute beginner’s lesson.
- Escorted by certified and experienced Advanced Level guides from the ICAN World Organization
- Provision of all necessary equipment : belt, helmet, neoprene suit, gloves, neoprene socks, personal equipment
- Personal accident insurance
- Group safety and rescue equipment
- VAT 24%
- Photographic material
- Transfer from and to Athens can be arranged upon request (10 euros/person)
- Shoes suitable for walking on uneven ground and protect the ankle
- 2x pairs of socks
- Shoes (for after the canyon)
- Second change of clothes (for after the canyon)
- Energy snacks