history and geological significance of the area. We start from the Monastery of Agios Nikolaos in Kastraki, following the same old paths used by the monks, which are located between the tall rocky towers. We pass under the ruined monastery of Pantokrator on the north side of the rock of Dupiani. The path then leads us into the heart of the lush green forest, reaching the abandoned and restored Monastery of Hypapanti and the ruins of Agios Dimitrios. Then, the path turns uphill. A short walk takes us to the monasteries of Varlaam and Megalo Meteoro where we visit one of them. Then we walk downhill to Kastraki through the rocks by the ancient path used by the monks, passing by the cave of Agios Georgios Mandilas, where every year climbers hang their scarves. Activity requirements Good physical condition!
- Trekking Hellas Guide
- Free photos & videos
- Free photos and videos Photos and videos
- Entrances to monasteries (3 € / monastery)
Not to forget:
- A small backpack
- Light hiking shoes or hiking boots
- Hat, sunglasses, sunscreen
- Waterproof jacket / membrane (for rainy days)
- Your own water bottle. As part of our environmental policy and actions, we are committed to eliminating the use of plastic water bottles.