Before we start the ride and before you get on the horses it is important to get to know your horse. It is part of our philosophy that within the whole experience we want you to get to know the horses more intimately before you ride them and this is done by getting to know them first from the bottom. With our guidance and assistance you will receive a mini lesson in horse care, as you will prepare them for the ride yourself. You will brush them and spend time with them, so that both you and the horse feel more comfortable with each other. For beginner riders, and for those who may be nervous, it’s a nice way to familiarise themselves with the animal, while in the meantime we are given time to guide you around them, so that you are properly prepared for the riding part of the ride as well.
The excursion starts directly from our base in Marathon and heads towards the north-eastern slopes of Penteli. After a few meters on the asphalt road between the agricultural zone of Marathon we will meet the dirt road that through olive trees and pine forest will take us to the hills and paths of Penteli, where the vegetation is low and we can see in panoramic view, the Historic Bay of Marathon , the Euboean Gulf, in the background the Euboea with its mountains.
About halfway along the route, at one of the highest points, we will take a short rest break. The horses will graze, while we will have a light meal, drink water and enjoy the wonderful view and tranquility among the hills and plains a little longer. This circular route through the trails will lead us back to the dirt road where we will return back to our base. Duration of the ride Aprox 2 hours. Preparation of horse riders 30 minutes. Total duration of experience 2,5 hours. Weight limit for participants 95 kg.
* Activity may be cancelled due to weather conditions such as gusty wind, storm or heavy rainfall, unsuitably high temperatures during summer.
- Snack – water or juice
- Water or juice or water – water or juice
- Closed area for guests ( the activity takes place in the open air )
- Telephone contact before the activity
- Send your weight, height and riding experience by message after booking
- Long pants
- Shoes like riding boots or hikking-trekking boots
- Sunscreen and hat in the summer months
- Waterproof and jacket in the winter months