The sea kayak trip starts on the north side of the harbour where you will meet your guide. You will be briefed in detail about all important information about the route, paddling techniques and safety parameters. What is unique about a kayak trip around Nafplio is the view of its three medieval forts that create a remarkable landscape. We will paddle towards Bourtzi, built in the 15th century on an island right in front of the harbour. The view from the sea to the Palamidi Fortress, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and the town below is a remarkable experience. We continue our walk along the hill on which the fortress of Acronauplia is built with stunning views of the cliffs covered by a multitude of prickly pear cacti. Soon we will make a stop for swimming and exploration with mask and snorkel. Here you will also try the homemade picnic of local delicacies and relax under the sun. After this stop we will return back to town sailing around the hill.
Meeting point: Karathonas Beach
- Kayak with rudder
- Sea kayaking equipment: paddle, life jacket, spray booth, waterproof jacket, waterproof bags
- Snorkeling equipment: mask and snorkel
- Paddling course on land and water
- Professional British Canoeing (BC) guide with first aid certificate.
- Picnic with local products
- Waterproof camera and photos from the trip
- Liability insurance
- All taxes
- Water (please bring your own water bottle)
- Transportation to the meeting point
- A minimum of 2 participants is required for this outdoor activity.
- We reserve the right to modify or cancel this outdoor activity due to inclement weather or for any other reason beyond our control.
- Possibility of implementing a private – private activity.
- Pick up from the hotel and transfer on request.
Do not forget:
- Bottle of water (1,5 litres per person)
- T-shirt short or long sleeve
- Swimsuit or shorts
- Change into dry clothes
- Beach shoes or flip-flops (Avoid bulky shoes, boots and socks)
- Personal medication if available