pick you up from your hotel or from a point near the listed hotel if access by car is not possible. We will follow the national road to the northern suburbs of Athens and in the area of Agios Stefanos the off-road adventure route begins.
After an off-road route in the wider area near Marathon, we approach the lake where our first stop takes place. Lake Marathon is a water supply reservoir for the city of Athens, formed by the construction of the Marathon dam at the confluence of the Haradros and Varnavas streams.
Ample time for photo opportunities is provided in the stunning view of the Marathon Lake dam. Continuing the day’s tour around the lake, enjoying our endless drives and panoramic views, we arrive at Rathes and the Fairy Forest of Barnabas for our second stop. Admiring the natural colours, the dense vegetation of trees and water is an ideal stop in the Greek nature.
Following our route and crossing the vineyards of Kostas Lazaridis will lead us to the Kostas Lazaridis Wine Museum and the Oinotria Land winery. The wine expert will welcome us and start our tour of the wine production process, as well as the production of distillates and balsamic vinegar.
Our visit continues in the cellars where we will taste 3 wines and a vinegar, along with local cheeses and traditional oak and barley breads. Full of memories, tasting excellent wines and great service from our expert escorts and sommeliers, we will make our way back to Athens.
A unique escape close to Athens, an exciting adventure embracing the famous Greek hospitality and sightseeing, tasting unique Greek wines and receiving professional but relaxed service !!!!
- Explore Marathon Lake and the surrounding area
- Drive through exciting off-road routes, olive groves and vineyards
- Visit Oinotria Land, one of the most popular areas in Greece
- Taste Greek wine varieties and learn more about its production.
- The trip is ideal for anyone looking for an experience beyond the ordinary, youth groups,single participants or couples, families with older children and businesses for team bonding.
- The trip has stops every 30-40 minutes for everyone’s convenience.
- In order for us to be able to arrange lunch or dinner with an alternative vegetarian menu, please let us know after booking. This also applies to any food allergies, so that possible alternatives can be found.
- Pick up and delivery to the hotel
- Premium off-road vehicles (7 or 9 seats) driven by experienced drivers
- Liability insurance and taxes
- Tickets for the winery tour
- Wine tasting of three wines and snacks
- Extra wine consumption or snacks
- Coffee or beer for refreshments
- Telephone communication before the activity
- Don’t forget your comfortable shoes, for example, hiking shoes or sandals, camera, sun protection, etc. During spring and autumn we advise you to bring a jacket.
- The trip is not recommended for people who suffer from car sickness, have mobility or back problems or pregnant or for children under 7 years old, as we do not offer child seats or people taller than 1.95cm or weighing over 130kg.
- Alcohol consumption is not permitted for minors under the age of 18
- The company reserves the right to make minor changes to the programme when deemed necessary. For example in case of adverse weather conditions. This can be done without prior notice
- Bookings must be made no later than 24 hours before departure. Any cancellation must be made in accordance with the cancellation policy. In case of late cancellations, no refund will be given.
- If a tour is cancelled due to insufficient participants or inclement weather, Uncharted Escapes will refund 100% of payments made.